Why Hire a Professional Photographer?
With the current digital camera market and smart phones that take such good photos, is there really a reason to hire a professional photographer? Below are just some of the reasons why a pro is a better choice.
- An expensive camera does not automatically result in photographic skills. Just because your friend, co-worker, or relative has a high-speed, top quality digital camera doesn’t mean they know what they’re doing behind the camera. While quality equipment does help the average consumer improve their photography game, Most consumers don't know enough about exposure, lighting and all the other technical aspects of photography, to be able to capture good quality images on a consistent basis. A professional photographer offers an artistic approach, creative eye and experience that cannot be purchased at a camera store.
- Professional equipment has its perks. Shooting with top of the range cameras and professional lighting equipment helps us to take the best shots, even in less than optimal circumstances. Capturing low light, nighttime and even high-speed action shots can be tricky for the amateur photographer but a professional knows what’s required to capture those types of shots.
- Posing is our thing. Ever tried to get friends and relatives, including kids, to stay still and pose for a big group shot? It’s easier said than done. Need a little inspiration for your own special portraits? A professional photographer can help. Photographers perform these tasks sometimes daily, so they have perfected the skills required to get the best results while making everyone feel comfortable in front of the camera.
- They’re hired. Using a friend or family member to take your photos could mean missed moments. A professional photographer is exclusively hired to capture the day and won’t miss out on photos because they’re chatting with the other guests, grabbing a drink or dancing. Hiring a professional photographer guarantees you capture as many perfect moments as possible.
- The end result is part of the process. Professional photographers not only capture your photos, they also edit and retouch images in order to achieve a beautiful finished product. They can also assist with extras such as albums, custom prints and canvases.
- I'm a professional photographer and I always hire someone else to capture my family images each year. I have used the amazing Shey Marine Photography for years along with Tiny Touch Photography. Why do you want the stress of photographing your own kids and husband. Plus I know that if I was to photography my family I would never get around to editing, or actually printing those images.
As you see from the first pictures if I photograph my own family someone is always crying and I'm most likely not even in the pictures. Yes this is probably what we look like most of the times, but in 20 years I want to remember when I actually put on makeup and did my hair and was actually in the photo. That is exactly what Shey Marin Photography was able to capture for my family pictures in 2019. Let's face it we love sending Christmas cards every year that we actually look like we have it together!